17 June 2015

Kicking It Off - A New Season of #Accountability


So, thanks to some prodding from dear friends, I will be kicking off the 21 Day Fix today. I've been trying to figure out how to adjust my eating habits to better fuel my body, and I've heard a lot of good things from trusted friends that this is a good way to go. And as I remember from my high school psychology classes, it takes 21 days to break or start a new food habit. So hopefully today is the beginning of a transformation of my eating - breaking up with sugar and Cheezits - and focusing on clean eating.

 I went to the grocery last night to stock up on some staples and make some plans for the next few days. I'll be traveling over the weekend but plan to have some go-to staples to take with me in my cooler!

I've got my containers, and will be measuring like crazy until I become one of those people who can eyeball the portions in my sleep.





I also spent some time yesterday getting our home gym set up, so I'll be all ready to do my 30 minute workouts, as well as get on the trainer or do some Wii Fit when I have time.

 Today's plan:

Breakfast - oatmeal with blueberries and walnuts;  a hard boiled egg (oops, forgot to pick up eggs at the store)

Lunch - Smoothie with protein powder, spinach, strawberries and mango

Dinner - Chicken kabobs with quinoa and broccoli

Snack - carrots and hummus

I'm going to be posting every week with my updates, and great recipe ideas, and my workout recap. Hope you enjoy going on this journey with me!

#accountability


No comments: