08 July 2003

So, I didn't get around to blogging last night. Jill was here and I showed her around and we worked on Greek until the evening was over. The ice cream social was ok... I almost passed out from the turpentine (sp?) odor and had to escape to the fresh air for a bit. Although I did have a lovely chat with Art Lindstrom... I love Cheryl, and having chatted with Art, I love Art too... yeah for fun adults!
Today was yet another fun day of Greek. I will be much more relaxed when I'm not having to drive back and forth in the AM (and the PM) and can just sleep in my own bed! Granted, I'm enjoying the dogs, and will of course enjoy the check! But it's just adding to the exhaustion... oh... I'm just looking at the post and realizing that I need to update from the weekend:

Well, Thursday night we grabbed a bite at Brickstore and then watched Catch Me If You Can. I enjoyed it, although Teri and Amy didn't think it moved fast enough... they were caught up in the title and felt it was going to be faster paced. I just enjoyed the part where it was a true story! Hammer also joined in the festivities, which was interesting. ......
Friday, we enjoyed a holiday version of brunch... we had cinnamon rolls, right before heading over the the SOS picnic in the village... too much food consumed! We saw Rachel and Ben (Acton), and I got to see their cute little apartment. Then it was time to clean the house before we gathered for fireworks. We decided at the picnic to gather a group of Teri, Amy, the Acton's and Rachel Ellis (plus the visiting Jeff Roper) and myself and head out to Stone Mountain. Well, we got separated on the way there, and once in view, saw that the park was at capacity and was now closed (reminicent of the park in Chicago). We tried every way possible to get ahold of the other car, but to no avail. Teri, Amy and I headed back to Decatur, with threatening clouds looming overhead, hoping that the fireworks would be cancelled, but alas, they all went off. We ended up staying home and watching the DC fireworks followed by the Centennial Park fireworks on TV. There was also a little Angels dance during the music accompaning the Centennial fireworks. Oh yeah... and there was alcohol involved as well. We had a good time and just as we were sitting down to watch Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when there was a knock at the door! We were like, "WHAT?!?!" Turned out to be the other vehicle from Stone Mountain, so we chatted for a bit, and then it was time for Harry Potter! Then there was the phone call that put mom on the not-so-fun list. But let's not get into that...
Wow! We're only at Saturday! I ended up sleeping way in, and missed Teri's superb pancakes for brunch. We hung out for the rest of the afternoon, and then went to Sue's for the first Greek School party! It was good... mmm... grilling! Then Lindsey Wade joined us for a viewing of Cruel Intentions.
Sunday, we were going to go to New Covenant to hear Dave Forney preach, but I (again) slept in and it turned out we had the wrong time anyway. So there was much lounging about, followed by... the drinking of wine and the eating of fine food! Amy cooked Noell's first zucchini... a la stuffed with couscous! It was DELICIOUS!! And then it was back to the grind for another long week of greek!

Tonight, Teri, Amy and I are leading vespers, and that's about all for today. Oh yeah, it's quesidilla night at the 'fectory, so I'll be enjoying an ENORMOUS cheese quesidilla before vespers! No major plans for the rest of the week... maybe some IMAX Matrix... not sure. Hopefully it will be exciting! And hopefully so will yours! Later :)

No comments: