17 October 2003

Aha... we meet again!

Well, let see... since Aug 19:
Finished Greek school... not a good topic. Teacher is an evil, evil human being and should not be allowed the position teacher has...

Moving on... started fall term. Was going to take Pastoral Care, but it wasn't working out with my schedule very well, so I dropped it and picked up Pastoral Epistles (I and II Timothy and Titus). Here is my schedule:
Mon: 1:30-3:00, Pastoral Epistles (me and five guys, talking about the most disputed texts in the Bible, partly because of their stance on women... I know!)
3:00-10:00, Library for work study

Tues: 8:30-10:00, Greek Exegesis (this class SUCKS!! there's a ton of work and not enough time to do it all... same professor as Pastoral Epistles)
11:00-12:30, Christian Theology I (this is a year long course. there's is an insane amount of reading, mainly from this guy, Joe Jones, who SUCKS... he takes two volumes to say what could be said in 250 pages!)
2:30-4:00, Youth and Young Adult Ministry (this is THE BEST CLASS EVER!! It's with Rodger Nishioka, the coolest youth ministry guy in the field and I am so pumped about working with him. He's also helping me figure out a placement for my year-long internship, which will probably start in June.)

Wed: 9:00-12:30, Library for work study
1:30-3:00, Pastoral Epistles 6:50-7:50, Sophomore Bible Study (Louis Imsande and I are leading this Bible Study for the sophomores at RPC. It's tons of fun, and there's always great food... I love my kids!)
10:00-11:00, West Wing in Parker's room :)

Thurs: 8:30-10:00, Greek Exegesis (there is lots of hair-pulling in this class come Thursday)
11:00-12:00, Christian Theology I 2:30-4:00, Youth and Young Adult Ministry (did I mention how much I love this class?!?!)
4:00-6:00, Football with the boys :)
6:00-6:30, Ice Cream Sundae Night in the fectory :)
8:00-8:30, Friends with my favorite newbies

Fri: 10:00-10:30, Service of Word and Table
11:00-12:00, Christian Theology I (this is a seminar day where we have a topic and just sit around and talk about it... I much prefer it to the lecture days, and wish we could do one at the bar :))
1:30-6:00, Library for work study

Sat: BREATHE!!

Sun: 9:00-10:00, Alias with the Chicas-- NEVER CALL DURING THIS TIME!!

And that's currently the way my life goes. It's pretty crazy, and I'm looking forward to next week being reading week (no classes, but a Theology exam Wednesday morning [pray for me] and some paper writing). Not really making any plans right now for anything exciting... sorry to disappoint you. There may be news on the boy horizon soon (for those of you who haven't figured it out, Jake is 2- I babysit him, and when I do, I call it a date... sorry :(). Let's just keep it at that for now.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Promise to be more diligent about the blog!
love, kates :)

No comments: