22 January 2005

If they're called prayers of the people...

...why aren't the people the one who are praying? It has come to that time again when I have to write the prayers of the people and I am stumped. I just can't figure out the "formula" for writing a "good" prayer for this particular part of the service. I like that at the Episcopal church, they are the same everyweek, pre-written in the lovely "Book of Common Prayer" and there is a time of silence for members of the congregation to state their personal prayers. Stupid Presbyterian way of doing things! So, here I am, at 9:30 on a Saturday night, attempting to come up with the prayers of the people. And did I mention they are making me attend the 8:30 AND 11:00 services? They are mean, mean people. Grrr...
On a lighter note, I cooked dinner for myself tonight and you'll never guess what I cooked... fish! That's right, kiddos, I made fish for dinner and it was scrum-diddly-uptious! Along with my pecan-crusted tilapia, I had lima beans and mashed potatoes. And of course, can't forget dessert... chocolate pudding! Yippie!
Oh well, I guess I will try to come up with something for this silly prayer... night :)

No comments: