24 June 2003

Ah! Don't you just love the weekend! I know, it's Tuesday and you're thinking... where have you been!?! Well, let me tell you. After work Thursday night I went to mom and dad's to spend the night because Friday was an important Cobb Co. day. At 9 I had to drop off Ollie (that's my kitten) for her vaccines, and while I was at PetSmart, I bought her a traveling cage, a bed and a purple hippo (filled with catnip, of course). Then it was off for my massage. I had won a certificate at the RPC auction back in like February and just gotten around to using it! It was so nice! Then the dreadful part of the day was the two hours spent at the DMV to get a reprint of my lost license... and oh yeah, to get it reinstated. But at least it only cost $5... I think that was an error, but not mine, so I'll keep the rest of my money, thank you! Then it was home to meet the dogs that I'll be dog sitting starting this Saturday. They were cute and I'm looking forward to playing with them.
Came back to Decatur and then it was off to the HARRY POTTER RELEASE PARTY!!!! We went to the Borders on Ponce and since Amy was the only one who hadn't pre-ordered, she bought a copy and Noell read to us on the way home. I'm so excited!!!
Saturday morning was an early Mimosa breakfast before Teri and Amy and I headed to Johnson City for Ben and Rachel's wedding. It was beautiful!! Even the drive up was beautiful! We had lots of fun and got to meet more of the PC crowd. ANd of course, CTS was represented... got to see Abby! She looks great and plans to be back in the fall.
Went out Saturday night post-reception and talked to a good-looking guy from PC who is studying for the bar and working at a Columbia (SC) law firm. He seemed to take an interest in Teri... but slacker didn't get any info! Then we took Andrew to Perkins for a late night snack before turning in for the evening.
We got up Sunday morning and made a stop in Montreat before heading home. Teri and Amy had never been, so I HAD to take them. I was so glad to see that the Lake was still there... someone told me they had drained it for some reason like, building something! Not necessary! Everything was closed though, cause it was Sunday, which was a bummer, but we'll just have to make another trip! Then we made another stop at the outlet malls and got some great bargains before arriving home to the home cooking (mexican style) of Teri's mom. (btw... what is Teri's mom's name?!?!?!) Then it was time to read some more... after Noell went to bed, I borrowed her copy (mine still hadn't arrived) and stayed up til almost 5 reading! I wanted to finish, but I was just too exhausted from all the driving!
I was going to go with Teri and her mom to Six Flags on Monday, but with the late night reading, I didn't make it. Instead, I took back the company truck my dad had been borrowing and picked up my kitty (she spent the weekend at mom and dad's after the vet visit). Rode MARTA home (Ollie wasn't such a fan of MARTA...) and then worked last night. But I didn't get a chance to blog last night while at work because I couldn't put Harry Potter down long enough for the weekend update. Finished around 2am last night, and then got a good nights sleep before coming to work at 2 today. Working til 10 tonight, and then I don't know what I'll do with myself now that I finished Harry Potter! Guess I'll just go to bed!
Well, that's the latest... hope all is well with you! Have a great night :) (and go buy Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix if you haven't already!!)

No comments: